Many people are faced with the problem of warts on the skin.
Neoplasms do not look aesthetically pleasing and can cause physical discomfort, which is why they are removed more often.
You can independently get rid of growths with the help of special remedies for warts, presented on the pharmaceutical market by a huge variety.
What drug is the most effective? Let's try to figure it out.
What is it
A wart is a growth on the skin or mucous membranes caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
The infection, which hits the skin, penetrates cells, modifies them, and accelerates growth and division. As a result, neoplasms form from these cells.
Warts are generally benign, but the possibility of malignant degeneration cannot be completely ruled out.
Very rarely, the growths develop into the appearance of cancer.
Reasons for the appearance
In total, there are more than 100 types of HPV that cause the growth of various types of neoplasms.
A common infection is transmitted through domestic contact and sexually.
Symptoms of infection do not appear immediately: with normal immunity, the virus exists latently in the body.
If the immune system is weakened, the growth of the neoplasm begins.
Warts can be triggered by:
- long-term and severe acute chronic diseases;
- hormonal changes and endocrine diseases;
- long-term use of drugs that suppress the immune system (immunosuppressants, hormones, antibiotics);
- physical exhaustion;
- constant nervous breakdowns;
Warts are classified into several types based on structure, shape, and location.
- Ordinary (vulgar).Round dry nodules with a rough surface appear mainly on the fingers and hands, but can affect the skin on other parts of the body.
- Plant.Dense, horny structures form on the foot and are very painful. They are a subspecies of common warts. The factors that contribute to the growth of neoplasms on the sole are increased sweating of the feet, poor hygiene and the use of tight and uncomfortable shoes.
- Plano (juvenile).Rounded structures of a pinkish, flesh-colored or yellowish hue with a smooth surface practically do not protrude above the surface of the skin. They appear mainly in children and adolescents on the arms, face, back, chest. They often occur in places with skin damage.
- Filiform (acrocordios).Elongated growths on a thin stem affect skin areas near the eyelids, nose, and lips. They can appear on the neck, in the folds of the skin, under the armpits.
- Genital warts. Soft, elongated white, pink, or red growths form on the mucous membranes of the male and female genital organs. It is mainly transmitted sexually.
- Age-related keratomas.Loose gray, dark brown, or black structures appear in people over 40 years of age. The development of neoplasms is not caused by an infection, but by age-related skin changes.
How to get rid of
The removal of warts is done in several ways.
At home, folk recipes will help to get rid of the wart.
Most often, herbal or other agents with cauterizing and antiviral properties are used. Is:
- juice of celandine, rowan, sour apples;
- decoction of wormwood;
- garlic and onion;
- vinegar essence;
- tea tree oil.
If within a month the treatment with folk remedies has not given results, you can try to remove the wart with one of the pharmacological medicines or consult a doctor.
In the clinic, the growth can be removed using a laser or radio wave method, cryodestruction or electrocoagulation, surgical excision.
What remedies for warts does the pharmacy offer?
In pharmacies, preparations for warts are presented in a wide range.
Medicines for external use are produced by various pharmaceutical companies, differ in composition and mechanism of action.
According to the action, the means intended for the removal of growths are divided into 4 groups:
- necrotizing- cauterize tissue neoplasms, cause death;
- refrigerants- causing tissue growth to freeze to death;
- keratolytic- soften and promote the rejection of pathological tissues;
- antiviral- inhibit the development of HPV in the focus of the infection (that is, in the accumulation tissues), thus contributing to the reduction and then the disappearance of the wart.
It is impossible to say unequivocally which is the best remedy for neoplasms.
Any drug can help in one case and not work in any other.
It is better for the doctor to prescribe the drug, taking into account the contraindications and individual characteristics of the patient.
Cauterizing solution for external use based on phenol and tricresol. It causes coagulation (coagulation) of the protein, which leads to tissue death.
It is used to remove:
- warts (common, filiform, plantar);
- genital warts on the skin;
- dry corns
The drug should not be used to remove warts located between the fingers, mucous membranes and areas of the skin with increased sweating.
Destruction of moles and treatment of children under 7 years, simultaneous treatment of skin areas with a total area of more than 20 m2. see. If you are allergic to the constituent components, the agent is also not used.
- The drug is applied to filamentous warts and growths less than 2 mm in size one time.
- Larger structures, senile keratomas and dry calluses are lubricated 3-4 times with interruptions to dry the applied solution.
Before removing plantar warts, steam the skin and remove the keratinized tissue, then lubricate the growth 7-10 times.
If necessary, the treatment is repeated after a week. The maximum course is 5 sessions.
Lactic and salicylic acid solution
The solution contains lactic and salicylic acid, polidocanol.
- It has a pronounced keratolytic, antimicrobial and weak local anesthetic effect.
- Softens the accumulation of keratinized tissue, favors its rejection. It is used to remove warts, dry corns, genital warts.
- Liquid wart treatment is done 1-2 times a day. The course of treatment lasts no more than a week.
- It takes 3 to 4 days to get rid of corns.
- The drug is not suitable for removing moles, treating children under one year of age and people with hypersensitivity to salicylic acid.
Creams and ointments
A synthetic interferon-based wart remedy suppresses the activity of HPV and activates the body's production of its own protective protein.
- Vitamin E and peach oil, which are part of the preparation, reduce inflammation in the treated tissues and accelerate the regeneration of healthy cells.
- An ointment is applied 2 to 4 times a day and a complete healing will take from 5 days to a month, depending on the problem.
Oxolin ointment has an antiviral effect that suppresses the activity of HPV in the focus of infection.
It is applied three times a day for 1-2 months.
Plaster with salicylic acid and sulfur in the composition to remove warts, dry corns and corns.
The product softens keratinized tissues and favors their rejection, has an antiseptic effect and dries the skin.
- A piece of plaster (cut to fit the build-up) is glued to the neoplasm for 1-2 days.
- Once the cast is removed, the skin is steamed and the softened tissue is removed.
- The procedure is repeated until complete recovery.
Drug that helps to eliminate ordinary and plantar growths by freezing pathological tissues.
It is completed with 12 applicators for the comfort and precision of the manipulations performed.
For the removal of plantar warts on the feet, it is recommended to use Cryopharma foot remedy.
- After freezing, a blister forms at the site of the neoplasm, which disappears 10 to 14 days after treatment.
- To remove a large build-up, the treatment should be repeated one more time, at most twice, with a two-week break between treatments.
- The drug is not used to remove warts in children under 4 years old, pregnant women with diabetes mellitus.
Lapis pencil is a silver nitrate-based wart medicine, which has a cauterizing and antimicrobial effect.
Treatment of neoplasms is carried out every 10 days for a month.
Castor oil is effective in removing warts from the skin.
- It belongs to the mild remedies, acts gently and does not produce side effects.
- The liquid is rubbed into the problem area every day for a month.
In traditional medicine, castor oil has other indications, and its use for warts can be attributed, rather, to popular recipes.
To successfully remove the wart and prevent it from growing back, it is necessary to take medicine inside. Applicable:
- antiviral agents- suppress HPV activity;
- immunostimulating drugs- activate the immune system.
The tablets act in a complex way, both on the virus and on the immune system.
Remedies for warts and papillomas: what are the effective drugs in the pharmacy, the best alternative methods?
Warts appear on the skin against the background of the human papillomavirus. These are quite unpleasant neoplasms that cause physical and psychological discomfort.
That is why it is necessary to treat neoplasms in time using appropriate means.
Assortment of medicines
Depending on their effect, the drugs can be antiviral and immunomodulatory.The action of the first group of drugs is aimed at fighting viruses, and the second - strengthening the immune system, which contributes to the independent fight of the body against neoplasms.
To fight warts, you can use traditional medicine, which is not only effective, but also safe. That is why its use is allowed for various categories of patients.
In most cases, the application is made:
- Celandine. To remove growths, it is recommended to lubricate them with celandine juice until they completely disappear. You can get rid of a neoplasm with the help of celandine in a few days.
- Magnesia. The powder of this medicine is taken and taken orally. It is recommended to drink the medicine with plenty of water. The procedure is done daily.
- Apples A slice of apple is taken and used to rub the growths. After that, the apple is tied with a thread and buried in the ground.
- Garlic. Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half. The place of the cut should be rubbed against the warts.
- Acetic acid.
- Luke. A medium onion should be soaked in vinegar throughout the day. At night, it is applied to the neoplasm. It is not recommended to remove the device within 10 hours.
Despite the safety of traditional medicines, it is recommended to consult a doctor before using them, which will exclude the possibility of undesirable effects.
To ensure the most effective treatment of growths, it is necessary to choose the correct means. If the neoplasm is small, treatment can be carried out with creams, ointments, gels, alkaline solutions.
For medium-sized growths, the use of oil, plaster or medical pencils is recommended.
With excessively large growths, it is necessary to give preference to cryopreparations and solutions.
To ensure rational treatment of growths of various sizes, oral pills are recommended. When choosing a drug, the individual characteristics of the patient's body should be taken into account.
To avoid the appearance of growths, it is necessary to carry out their prevention in a timely manner. If wounds or cuts appear on the skin, they should be treated with iodine. People are required to strictly follow the rules of personal hygiene.
To strengthen the immune system and eliminate the cause of the disease, it is recommended to take immunomodulators.
Warts are a rather unsightly neoplasm that can be treated with medication. For its treatment, traditional medicines or home remedies can be used, which are selected individually.
Remedy for warts in the pharmacy: a list of effective drugs to remove
The human papillomavirus (HPV) causes warts on the body. It is activated during stress, decreased immunity and other provoking factors. To remove growths of different etiology, a variety of drugs are used.
For example, a wart remedy is sold at the drugstore in liquid form that effectively removes plantar corns.
To freeze papillomas on the hands, it is better to use special spray cans to remove warts painlessly at home.
What are warts
Benign growths on the skin and mucous membranes that result from HPV infection are called warts. They come in different sizes from 1 to 15mm, location and type.
The fusion of several growths is possible, forming large tumors of a hemispherical or conical shape. At first, the papillomas do not differ in skin color, but over time, the neoplasms turn brown or even black.
Treatment with purchased remedies for warts in a pharmacy is best done comprehensively:
- Exterior- to eliminate neoplasms;
- systemic antiviral- by the destruction of HPV;
- systemic immunomodulator- to improve immunity.
Remedy for papillomas at the pharmacy.
Unfortunately, not all therapies for skin tags and warts give a 100% result. There is always the possibility that after some time after the disappearance of neoplasms, they will grow back. For this reason, it is advisable to start treating warts and papillomas with medications that can be purchased at the pharmacy.
If they do not help, only then proceed to more aggressive and expensive procedures (laser, cryodestruction and others). Or immediately start with the most effective, safe and modern cryo-drugs, the use of which will give a guaranteed result without the probability of relapses in the future.
You can find pills for papillomas and warts in a pharmacy, which must be taken as part of a complex therapy. Getting rid of the virus from the inside will help:
- Immunomodulatory drug with nonspecific antiviral effect. Take the tablets with water after meals. The daily dose for children from 3 years weighing 15 kg and adults is 50 mg / kg of body weight. The average duration of treatment is 5 to 14 days. Contraindications to taking the drug are children under 3 years of age, chronic renal failure, gout, arrhythmia, urolithiasis, hypersensitivity to the components.
- Homeopathic medicine based on crushed oyster shells. To remove papillomas, this remedy should be used in the dosage recommended by a homeopath. With self-treatment, allergic reactions can appear in the form of a rash, hives, and focal redness.
The most popular remedy for removing papillomas in the pharmacy is an ointment. It should be noted that these funds involve long-term use to achieve any visible effects, sometimes up to several months.
Ointments for warts, although effective, but their dense composition causes inconvenience: they are absorbed for a long time, they leave marks on clothing. More convenient are creams and gels to treat skin growths.
They are absorbed faster without losing their effectiveness. At the same time, a quick cure for warts when using this dosage form is also often impossible.
Acid for warts
Among the pharmacy products that are dispensed without a prescription, drugs that contain acid are effective. They have a cauterizing effect on papillomas and warts. However, they have serious disadvantages, such as the appearance of chemical burns and visible scars on the skin.
Preparation to freeze warts.
A few years ago, cryodestruction was carried out exclusively in specialized medical centers. Today, freezing of skin growths can be done at home. For self-removal of warts by cryodestruction, a modern drug is most often used.
The principle of action is based on the quick and painless freezing of warts together with the roots. It is applied once: within two weeks after the timely application of the drug, the wart disappears and does not leave scars or scars on the skin.
In addition to high efficiency, the safety of the drug and the absence of side effects (allergic reactions, chemical burns, dermatitis, etc. ) can be observed. One bottle can remove 12 warts.
A liquid wart medicine is also sold in a pharmacy. The solution not only cauterizes the papilloma, but also coagulates its proteins, preventing relapse.
For the chemical removal of skin growths, there are special liquids.
Many people prefer to buy a remedy for warts on the hands at the pharmacy in the form of drops. Processing with this form of release is very convenient and time-consuming.
The best remedy for warts and papillomas.
It is difficult to choose the best among all the wart remedies that are sold in the drugstore, since they affect all people in different ways.
However, there are innovative and versatile tools that, in the vast majority of cases, demonstrate pronounced effectiveness from one application. Currently, the most effective and versatile remedy for warts is the spray.
Its action is based on the most modern cryodestruction method of today.
The procedure to remove a wart at home will take about a minute; After applying the medicine, the wart painlessly "freezes" and goes away on its own within a few days. The spray treats warts in a single application, without causing allergic reactions and without leaving scars or scars on the skin.
Wart remedy: the best
The use of cauterizers is not entirely safe. There is a completely different direction for the destruction of warts, that is, with the help of ultra-low temperatures. Usually liquid nitrogen is used for this.
No preparation is required, you can do everything yourself, as there is no special movement technique for this. Instant freezing of warts immediately relieves pain or, in extreme cases, only causes a slight feeling of discomfort.
The cold instantly coagulates the vessels and therefore no bleeding occurs with such extraction methods. If liquid nitrogen is applied correctly, cryodestruction does not cause the development of scar tissue. What modern drugs are sold in pharmacies to remove warts in extreme cold?
Generally, the duration of the chill varies depending on the size of the wart. In the case of small formations, this is 10 seconds, in the case of plantar formations, which are covered with a thick layer of keratinized epidermis, the exposure time can be up to 40 seconds.
Most of the time, once is enough. If the wart is old or has an overly keratinized surface, two or even three sessions of cryotherapy may be needed. In the event that after 3 sessions the wart has not been removed, a consultation with a specialist is necessary.
However, if you already have warts, don't despair. There are many ways that will surely help you get rid of warts once and for all. You just need to check what kind of growths they are: benign or malignant. A dermatologist and other doctors will help with this.
There are several groups of topical medications that help remove warts: topical retinoids, antivirals, keratolytics (exfoliants), cytotoxics, emollients, and herbal remedies.
Drugs of this group affect the cause of the disease - infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). Some ointments cause the death of viral particles, while others activate the immune response.
Keratolytics exfoliate dead skin cells. Its long-term use allows you to remove build-up.
- Local retinoids can stop the growth of epithelial cells and also have an exfoliating effect.
- Emollients accelerate skin healing.
Cryotherapy at home
In humans, there are 9 types of manifestations of the papillomavirus:
- Warts or skin tags. The most common type of papilloma and the one that is most easily removed.
- Papillomas are simple or another name is vulgar. The second most widespread type of papilloma (manifestation). Very similar to moles. However, such papillomas most often grow on thin "legs". Such "legs" cause a person great discomfort, adhere to clothing, are damaged and bleed.
- Papillomas that form only on plants are plantar. The most painful known papillomas. As their name suggests, they form on the soles of the feet and cause great discomfort when walking.
- Papillomas are flat (they form more often in children). Such papillomas practically do not protrude and do not have "legs", hence the name - "flat". They do not cause discomfort and are mostly invisible.
- Filamentous papillomas or scientific name - skin tags. These neoplasms appear in people over 35 years of age. In people over 50, they are found in 90%. This is because with age, immunity decreases and many diseases make themselves felt.
- Papillomas that form on the mucous membranes of the mouth: Beck's disease. Such growths form on the cheeks and tongue. They look like small sores that usually appear in clusters.
- Epidermodysplasia wart (one of the most dangerous neoplasms can degenerate into malignant tumors). It is very important for the owners of such papillomas to protect themselves from the sun until the growths are completely destroyed.
- Sexually transmitted papillomas: genital candidiasis. They can be located near the genital tract, forming large growths. However, they can be very small and hide in the genital tract (on the cervix) and urinary tract.