Papillomavirus is a common name for a family of viruses that can cause papillomas and warts on the human body and cause the development of cervical or genital dysplasia.
That is why it is important to start treatment for the papillomavirus and the papillomas themselves in the early stages. We will talk about how to do this in the next article.
Causes of occurrence
The main cause of the appearance and development of papilloma is HPV, the human papillomavirus. However, this is far from the only factor. Papillomas can appear as a result of the following phenomena:
- stressful or depressive conditions;
- reduced immunity;
- promiscuous sex or neglect of contraceptives;
- Alcohol abuse;
- tendency to infectious diseases;
- prolonged diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- being treated with strong drugs (eg antibiotics).
If basic hygiene rules are not followed, the risk of neoplasms increases in public recreation areas: saunas, beaches, baths or swimming pools.
How to treat papillomas
Treatment of papilloma by means of modern medicine is quite quick and painless. For this, there are a series of techniques that differ in terms of impact, quality and cost.
In most cases, the patient can choose the method that suits him best, but sometimes you have to follow the doctor's recommendations if the situation is difficult.
This method is considered the most effective and safe. Its benefits include:
- no mechanical damage to the skin, which eliminates the appearance of scars;
- healing speed;
- no bleeding after extraction;
- speed of extraction (the procedure takes less than 1 minute);
- 100% sterility and safety;
- painless due to control of the level of exposure to temperatures.
However, not everyone can treat papilloma with a laser. Among the contraindications to this method, a woman is distinguished by pregnancy, as well as a fresh tan at the site of the papilloma, cancer, viral diseases, the presence of herpes at the site of the neoplasm.
Common treatments for papillomavirus include electrocoagulation. This method is used to remove various benign neoplasms from the human body and consists of applying a current to the affected area. The specificity of the procedure can be expressed in the following aspects:
- Since the removed material is not completely destroyed, after removal, the specialist can analyze it for danger to the patient in the future. For example, if there are symptoms of cancer, it is imperative to analyze the material.
- Suitable for all ages and skin types.
- Constant visual control and the ability to adjust settings provide an individual approach to the organization of the procedure.
- A fairly quick procedure, requiring up to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the formation.
- No infection or bleeding.
- A relatively inexpensive method.
If the electrocoagulation is not properly organized, scars may appear at the extraction site and there is a high probability of relapse. In addition, the procedure is relatively painful, and the healing period after it is longer than after others, and is up to 10 days.
To cure the papilloma so that it no longer appears, that is, to minimize the risk of relapse, you can use liquid nitrogen.
At the beginning of the procedure, the low temperatures punctually affect the damaged area of the skin without touching the healthy one, then the extraction is carried out. The action of the low temperatures begins instantly, which significantly shortens the process. In this case, the patient does not feel pain.
Moxibustion with liquid nitrogen is not recommended only in cases where the size of the neoplasm is greater than 1 cm or if there are skin diseases located next to the papilloma.
Chemistry against the virus
Medicine offers HPV treatment and chemical methods. This option is more aggressive than others, however, it is not the most. It consists of the papilloma being cauterized by a strong chemical, which includes salicylic acid or a similar ingredient, after which it is covered with a scab for several days, and eventually the scab soon falls off.
Despite the fact that the method is even used to remove neoplasms on the genitals or neck, its use is painful, requires special care, and significantly increases the risk of scars and other negative consequences.
In this case, the papilloma is cut with a scalpel under local anesthesia. The downside of this technique, first of all, lies in the healing process; after all, it does involve wearing a pressure bandage.
At the same time, the main advantage of the method is that it provides high-quality removal of neoplasms of any size and depth.
Treatment of papilloma with folk remedies.
Distrust of modern medicine and other reasons lead people to treat human papillomavirus at home. For this, no medicine is needed, nature will help in everything.
Tea tree or wormwood oils have an antiviral effect. They help to get rid of neoplasms due to their unique composition and regular use.
An important condition is to apply oil to the damaged area in a timely manner, avoiding contact with healthy areas. Regularity is also important. A quality effect can only be obtained with daily use.
You should not resort to this method if the patient has an individual allergy or intolerance to oil.
The celandine removal method is better than any tablet: it provides a powerful effect at home thanks to the blanching effect of its juice. At the same time, the juice of fresh natural plants is the most effective option.
Cauterize the papilloma every day and depending on its depth and size, you can get rid of it in 15-30 days.
The technique is not recommended for people with sensitive skin, as the risk of irritation is high.
Why salicylic acid is effective against neoplasms:
- suppression of the secretion of sweat and sebaceous glands;
- neutralization of the focus of inflammatory processes.
For the acid to work better, steam the damaged area before the procedure and wash it well with toilet or laundry soap. Papillomavirus will respond to exposure only with regular exposure before bed.
Castor oil treatment
This popular method is considered the most effective and safe. However, it is important to work with it correctly:
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil and rub the growth with massaging movements. The action should be repeated up to 5 times a day.
- For best effect, the papilloma is sealed with a plaster from above.
With the best result, it will be possible to remove the "buildup" from the skin within 3-5 days.
Treatment with kerosene and walnuts.
A mixture of kerosene and walnuts will help to get rid of a neoplasm in 7 days. It is prepared as follows:
- Take green walnuts and kerosene in a ratio of 2: 1.
- The walnuts are crushed and placed in a jar, filled with refined kerosene.
- The solution is well filtered and stored in a dark place.
The affected area should be treated daily in the morning and at night.
It is recommended to use hydrogen peroxide as the main drug with multifunctional action. There are 2 ways to treat it:
- Classic. Every day, 2 times a day, the papilloma is promptly treated with hydrogen peroxide as much as necessary. Sometimes the course of treatment can last up to 1 month.
- Compression. Once a day, a gauze or cotton swab is moistened with hydrogen peroxide and applied like a gauze to the damaged area. It is important to change the compress once a day.
This method has proven to be painless and effective, however, it is important to consider that hydrogen can cause irritation, especially on sensitive skin.
What doctor treats papillomas?
Several specialists are involved in the treatment of the papilloma virus at the same time:
- Oncologist. To exclude the probability of the development of oncological diseases at the extraction site or to prevent danger if the neoplasm is of poor quality, it is the oncologist who makes the primary diagnosis.
- Dermatologist or cosmetologist. Specialists in this area are dedicated to papilloma removal where cosmetic "jewelry" work is needed: face, neck, shoulders, chest area.
- Surgeon. Complex removal procedures and methods (eg, Surgical) should be performed by a professional surgeon to prevent complications.
- Dermatovenereologist. This specialist treats and diagnoses papillomas in the genital area.
They usually go to dermatologists for the initial diagnosis and, for the later, if there is a suspicion of a malignant formation, to the oncologist.
Treatment of human papillomavirus infection is not always limited to removing neoplasms. If the virus has already spread through the body, the process of fighting it can take a long time. That is why it is better to neutralize and prevent disease than to cure. To do this, doctors have developed a number of useful preventive measures:
- Refrain from bad habits as much as possible, especially alcohol consumption.
- Always protect yourself during sex, including anal and oral sex. Remember to be hygienic and careful when sharing sex toys.
- In some cases, vaccination is carried out. It is possible to vaccinate from the age of 9, it is not reactive or aggressive, it does not require prior examination.
It is also recommended to go to routine exams once a year to recognize the disease in the early stages. Statistics show that sexually active people by the age of 50, in one way or another, become infected with one of the forms of HPV either actively or passively.
- "The ugly papilloma on my neck prevented me from wearing off-the-shoulder dresses, it constantly made me feel uncomfortable. When I went to a dermatologist, he advised me to remove it with a laser, it scared me very much. So I decided to remove the papilloma on my own. I bought it. castor oil and rubbed the papilloma 3-5 times a day. After a couple of weeks, the papilloma started to shrink and then completely dried up. "
- "I did not notice a papilloma in an intimate place immediately: once when walking there was discomfort, after which I paid attention. I was immediately scared and turned to gynecology. There, the doctors examined everything, carried out a visual analysis and concluded that theThe neoplasm was benign. I sighed calmly. I chose the laser removal method. The removal was quick and did not hurt, now I am not worried about my health, but I decided not to give up the scheduled exams anymore. "
- "A large papilloma on my leg prevented me from living for a long time: it constantly rubbed my clothes, causing painful sensations. He came to the decision to remove it. After the examination, the doctor said that for such large papillomas, only the method can be usedsurgical removal. It scared me at first, but there was no choice. The procedure was performed under general anesthesia, there was no pain. After the removal, a small stain remained, but after a couple of weeks it disappeared. I am completely satisfied. ".